We have to admit it, egg molds are our favorite thing about making a bento lunch. They’re fun, easy to use and you get such cool results! You may think, how does a hard boiled egg change shape without splitting? Here my friend is the answer!
- Cook a hard boiled egg and let it cool
- Carefully peel the shell from the egg
- Snap open the egg mold
- Place the pointy end of the egg down into one side of the mold
- Flip the empty side of the mold on top of the egg and press down firmly
- Once the sides meet snap the mold shut
- Put the mold into the fridge or ice water for 10 minutes
- Snap open the mold and hey presto, your egg will be shaped! This is a really cool effect that looks amazing in a bento box lunch. It’s a really easy and affordable way to make food fun.